Mini-Grant Program for Teachers
Autism Society Acadiana is pleased to announce our 2022 Mini-Grant Program for teachers. In more than 10 years, our Mini-Grant Program has provided more than $40,000 in direct assistance to teachers who serve Autistic individuals in public, private, and non-profit educational centers designed for students with learning challenges in the Acadiana area. With these funds, teachers can purchase supplies, materials, equipment, and sensory related items not included in the school’s budget.
Qualified teachers working in Acadia, Evangeline, Lafayette, Iberia, St. Landry, St. Martin, and Vermilion Parishes may submit only one grant application proposal per year. Awards may not exceed $200 and may be awarded in a lower amount than requested.
How to Apply For our 2022 Mini-Grant Program
Grant applications will be accepted beginning October 1st, 2022, through October 31, 2022. Applications must be submitted no later than October 31, 2022. Grant award recipients will be notified by mail. Applications received before October 1st, 2022, or after October 31st, 2022, will not be eligible for consideration.
Please read and follow the instructions carefully. Incomplete submissions will not be considered eligible.
Mini-Grant applications will be completed online. Your application must be filled out completely and submitted with the correct documentation to be eligible. The grant application will be available on our website from October 1st, 2022, until 11:59 pm October 31st, 2022. To receive updates on application availability please enroll in our email subscription.
- All applications must include a list of the requested items with prices, links, and the total amount requested. Failure to include these details could result in your application being deemed ineligible for consideration.
- Applicant must specifically ask for an item needed to support specific applicable and attainable goals (i.e., an iPad from Wal-Mart to assist with fine motor skills or communication). Other requests may be considered if they have a defensible reasoning and clear benefit to the individual(s) with Autism.
- We do not approve grant applications requesting funds for groceries, gas, rent, utilities, parties, non-specialty clothing and house supplies. If you have a question about if the item(s) or service(s) you wish to apply for are approvable, please contact us at [email protected] prior to submitting your application.
- Teachers are required to obtain their principal’s signature on “THIS ATTACHED LETTER” and submit a copy of the letter with a copy of their teaching certificate to [email protected]. immediately after they submit their application.
- Funds are to be used to purchase the items requested in the application, if a substitution must be made, you must contact ASA for approval prior to purchase.
- Any unspent funds are to be refunded to ASA.
Please review our Mini-Grant Terms and Conditions HERE prior to filling out the application.
Mini-Grant Wrap-Up Online Form
Mini-Grant award recipients are to submit scanned receipts for all items purchased with awarded grant funds within 90 days of dated award letter and submit pictures of the finished project via email ([email protected]). Recipients must also submit a grant wrap-up form online in the given time period. If our office does not receive your receipts, pictures, and grant wrap-up form, you will not be considered for future mini-grant awards.
If you have been a Mini-Grant recipient in the past but did not submit the required receipts, pictures, and completed Mini-Grant Wrap-Up Form online you will not be eligible for this year’s mini-grant program. If you wish to become eligible for future grant years, please contact Angella Hunter at [email protected] to submit any missing documents.
If you need to mail your mini-grant application, please contact Angella Hunter at [email protected] for assistance. Mailed applications must be postmarked between October 1st, 2022, through October 31st, 2022, to be eligible for consideration.